Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Resolutions

I've been thinking about my resolutions since the 1st and I think I've finally narrowed down what I can realistically do in a year.

1. I will continue my commitment to our health & fitness.
2. I will listen to more classical music.
3. I will repair my oboe and play it at least once a week.
4. I will truly make an effort to be in touch more often.
5. I will become a doula.
6. I will finish all the books I got for Christmas.
7. I will not let others use me or take me for granted.
8. I will write more in my blog, my notebook, and LJ.
9. I will express my feelings more.
10. I will expand our front porch farm.

That's all I've got. I know these aren't major resolutions but I thought about it and figured, "why lie?" I could say that I want to lose so much weight, learn to do this or that, and if any of that happens great but I'm not going to promise myself I'm going to do something and then not put 100% into it. I want to live more honestly and simply and I'm taking the necessary steps to get there.

Today my grandma turned 87 and I can't tell you all how blessed I feel that she is such an active part of our family and so involved in my life. For many years I took her for granted and treated her like more of a nuisance and I will never forgive myself for that. She is so essential and precious to me now and I want to enjoy every minute with her and my mom.

Keith has started working at the ELS school at Eckerd College and is currently teaching foreigners English. I couldn't be prouder of him! He has taken his college education and is actually putting it to use. He is one of my main motivations to getting my ass back in gear and doing something that I love as a career.

My friends have been extremely influential too. Julie has signed up for a trained to run a 13 mile race to raise awareness for her husband's condition! Liz and Danielle both experienced hardships that they overcame with grace and amazing quickness! Kate started college this year and I know she will do amazing things! Beloved friends of mine from the past are back in my life and I've grown closer to Johanna and truly feel blessed that they are all critical parts of my life now. Not to mention the numerous women on the Nest who amaze and inspire me every day with their generous hearts and honesty.

Our puppies are going to be 3 in 6 short days and in 13 days we celebrate Keith's mom's birthday, our cousin Krista's birthday, and the inauguration of Barak Obama!!! I can't believe that in 12 short days we will be done with Bush!!! I'm ecstatic! For so many reasons aside from this (but definitely including it) I know that this is going to be a good year for all of us!
Wishing all of you happiness, health, and lots of love!
Take care!
xoxo

No comments: